Friday, January 8, 2016

The Loss of Innocence

Innocence is bliss. You know the kind of people who don't really know much about this world...they've had a protected existence all their lives, have never been hurt by anyone, never got let down by a friend, never had their hearts broken, never had to fend for themselves in the big bad world, and therefore all they see is goodness in people and in the world around them, and all they know is to love and care?

I wonder how it's possible to remain untouched by the cruelty of life yet I know such people do exist. I know a few such people myself. I don't remember the last time I was that innocent and I wonder - how nice would it be to have that innocence back! To believe once again that the world is a beautiful place and people have only goodness in their hearts and love begets love.

If wishes were horses...

2 comments:

Ru. said...

I have had similar thoughts now and then but wisdom has its own baggage and I am trying to make peace with it

Suncity Projects said...

thankq for sharing this.

Regards
platinum towers in gurgaon