Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Is Milind Soman Losing his Mo-Jo?

Khatron Ke Khiladi - the Indian version of Fear Factor - is back for its third season with Priyanka Chopra as the host. I like the show - it's adventurous, racy and engaging. The last two seasons were hosted by Akshay Kumar and had women as contestants. This time around, the contestants are men - a mix of television & Bollywood actors, models & sportsmen. And Cyrus Broacha.

Sportsmen would be at an advantage in this show - their endurace levels are high and they're mentally tough. Both qualities are integral to succeed in this show. Still, it came as a big surprise to me when Milind Soman got eliminated in the first week itself! He's a national level swimmer and regularly runs the Mumbai Marathon. I did not expect him to go so soon. The challenge he got eliminated in was water based. He had a disadvantage - he was made to go first - but hey, someone's got to go first! He got eliminated b/c he didn't try hard enough. He gave up too easily. I hope he makes it back on a wild card. I've met the man - during his I-love-facial-hair phase, no less - and he is HOT. Even with all that facial hair. They just don't make them like him anymore. Sigh!

Coming to PC, she looks uncomfortable hosting the show. She's fidgety and her voice lacks modulation. I hope she improves, and I also hope she stops wearing frocks and gets rid of her horrible hair extensions!!

On a different note, I have revived one of my discarded blogs! It's got a new name and a new theme - movies! All my movie reviews go there now onwards. For the time being, I've copied reviews that were originally on this blog. I hope to keep adding to it, and hope I sustain it this time! Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Moonshine said...

It was really sad that he didnt even try!!!! Especially since he is a national level swimmer.. everyone tried.. he just gave up!

I was very disapppointed. Apparently PC has done stunts in fear factor!!!!

Scarlett said...

@Moonshine - Apparently there's a helicopter stunt that the guys couldn't do well & she did! She's petite, maybe that helps? I like her.

Moonshine said...

But she needs to take their case more!!!! So hopefully she will do through the episodes!!!

Scarlett said...

@Moonshine - I don't like the way she's hosting the show. She squirms at the stunts, she's not witty as AK was & I don't like the way she speaks on the show. It doesn't connect with you.