Thursday, January 3, 2008

2007 Diaries

Another year has come to an end & a new one has started. A leap year at that! It's been long since we've had a February 29th :-)

I'm trying to look back at the good things I gained over the last year. Professionally, I grew alot - the biggest achievement being that I learnt how to handle a team. What a task it is to be able to divide your limited time & attention among a bunch of people, manage everyone's expectations, and make sure everyone is delivering their best while staying motivated! I feel that leading a team is a quality you either have in you or you don't. Kinda like lycra :-)

At a personal level, it was quite an eventful year as well. I got to travel to Delhi during the winter & spend time with a couple of my closest friends. What a blast we had eating ice-cream at 2 am on a freezing night at India Gate! The year ended on such a high! My sister got married to her love of five years. I learnt to balance my personal & professional lives. I feel I have a clearer idea of what I want to do & in what direction I want my life to be headed both personally & professionally.

2007 was quite a year of self-discovery, and I hope the high continues through 2008.

No comments: