Thursday, November 15, 2007

Of moms and other mindblowing creatures

The other day, during a conversation with one of my friends, he wondered how I could be both romantic and cynical at the same time! Romantic becasue I don't think I can marry without love. I think it is extremely essential to have love in any marriage. And cynical because I don't really think "true love" exists between a man and a woman. If it did, then people would not be cheating on their partners (who they claim to be madly in love with & even go on to marry in many cases) all the time.

I am riding no high horse of morality here. My point is that finding out that your partner has been cheating on you can be extremely hurtful, and if you're willing to risk hurting your partner, where is the true love that you've been talking about? I think a man and a woman can love each other alot but they can only love each other so much. The only "true love" that exists in this world is the love of parents for their children. More precisely, the love of a mother for her child. Moms will always look out for you. They will always put you before themselves. With moms, it's always about you. It's never about them. And that, for me, is true love - selfless, unconditional, boundless & completely giving.

And I do not need a Mother's Day to say this...Love you, Mom!

No comments: