Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Care Package In the Making

‘The Boy’ is ill. He rarely falls ill. This is the first time I’m seeing him so sick in the past one & a half years of knowing him (it really has been that long!!). I reckon he’ll be out of action for a while, so I’ve decided to make him a care package.

Have you ever made a care package for anyone? I picked this concept up from my friends in college whose moms would send them care packages every now & then (Americans are big on care packages!!)

Of course, it’s more fun making care packages for girls since you can put in things like nail polish, lip balm, lip gloss, shower gel, bath oils, body butter, cosmetics….you know, the girly stuff. So, after racking my brains to come up with things a boy wouldn’t crinkle his nose at (given that he isn’t in the Hot Wheels, G.I.Joe, He-Man phase anymore) here’s what’s going into my care package for a boy…

  1. A car magazine – He loves them
  2. Cookie Man cookies!!
  3. Chocolates
  4. Gems – The candy, not the stones
  5. Hot cocoa
  6. A coffee mug
  7. Canned chicken soup
  8. Maggi
  9. Act popcorn
  10. A bottle of Starbucks Frappucino
  11. A bottle of Snapple
  12. Flavored cough drops
  13. Gummy Bears & Sour Green Apple Strings
  14. Stationery
  15. Crayons – So what if he's 28 years old? They'll make him smile!! :)

I can imagine how much fun I’m going to have putting this basket together! Even though I’m sniffling myself thanks to an annoying cold.

Got any suggestions, y’all? You’re free to drop them in but remember….it's a boy!! :)

4 comments:

Moonshine said...

A card .. handmade :)

Some music/Movie CDs that he likes..

Some photographs.. to make him feel better :)

And some naughty naughty messages.. hehehehe

Kalyan Karmakar said...

my wife and I are two rooms with cramps and bad backs... so can you send us some care packages too. In mine please put strawberry cubes, Hot kati Rolls, Shiraz biriyani,

Scarlett said...

@Moonshine - Card can't do. I suck at creativity :(
Music he has possibly everything he likes.
Photographs are going into the care package & naughty messages are on their way!! ;)
HAHA

@The Knife - If I could, I totally wood. Unfortunately, they won't let me courier perishable stuff, the meanies.

Magical Homes said...

what a lovely idea. I'm going to do this too...tho i do hope that hubby doesn't fall ill....but if he does...one care package coming up!!