Monday, September 21, 2009

Rani Mukherjee in a Bikini, Anyone?

I haven't watched 'Dil Bole Hadippa', neither do I intend to. But watching Rani Mukherjee do the getting-wet-in-the-rain-in-a-bikini-top gig is a very 'yuck!' inducing experience. I think she's better than that. She's known for her acting ability; she should lead cavorting in bikinis to wannabes who don't have much else to boast about.

Besides, she is no Bipasha Basu, her new toned look notwithstanding. She can't be...her face & body type do not lend themselves to Western wear, leave alone bikinis. And I'm not being uncharitable - different people have diffirent body types and it's extremely important to know & understand one's body type and dress accordingly. Especially if you are on screen.

There are some women who look better in Western wear than ethnic wear. Unfortunately, Rani Mukherjee belongs to that overwhelmingly majority of Indian women whose bodies lend themselves best to ethnic wear. Or at least Fusion.

*****

I think I'm discovering a new facet to Sunday evenings. There was a time - not too long ago - when Sunday evenings were the darkest hours of my existence. I would get depressed beyond healthy levels of depression, and therefore had this need to be out & about doing stuff...watching a movie, shopping, simply hanging out with friends at a coffee shop at Bandstand...whatever! Just as long as I was out of my house.

Strangely, I don't feel that need anymore. I still get depressed but it's manageable. Now I'd rather spend my Sunday evenings at home, hanging out with A or my sister, reading a book with music in the background, watching Travel & Living or a DVD.

What about you? How do you spend your Sunday evenings?

6 comments:

Magical Homes said...

I like going out for a quiet dinner or meet up with some friends. Like you, i prefer being out on the weekends. It somehow helps me get over the work stress. Else I'm constantly thinking about my general unhappinesses and depressions.

are you a PG wodehouse fan? Kolkata has a very nice club called Blythe Spirits which you could join. They have readings often and also perform at the various clubs. I used to be a part of that. It's a lot of fun.

Scarlett said...

@Mumbai Diva - Haven't read a single PG Wodehouse in my life! I think I should start reading...everyone around me seems to be a PGW fan! Any other clubs you know of in Calcutta? I need to make more friends :(

SwB said...

Frankly I wouldn't mind seeing Rani in a bikini ... if only for a laugh!

As for sunday evenings, well - I just spent the past hour reading through most of your blog so I'd say that's a good way to spend them.

Cheers and have a great week!

SwB

Scarlett said...

@Saltwater Blues - Laugh inducing experience it would be! Rani in a bikini that is...
And thanks for the compliment (I'm taking it as one :-) Hope you enjoy reading the blog...keep reading!

Moonshine said...

Sunday evening - mostly go out for dinner .. though these i dont feel depressed on sunday evenings..

Please read PGW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Start with Code of woosters

@Mumbai Diva... there is PGW club in cal? How nice!!! So what all do they do? Is it one group who does various plays etc? DO they perform elsewhere?

Scarlett said...

@Moonshine - Does your not feeling depressed on Sunday evenings have something to do with Bangalore? :)

I remember I used to never read while I was in school. My mom, aunts etc. tried to get me started on Enid Blyton but I used to dislike reading. My mom really wanted me to get into the habit & asked my English teacher how she could get me started on reading. My teacher recommended starting with PGW as they were funny & wouldn't seem tedious. I didn't start even then...think I started reading in college. Have been wanting to read PGW but didn't know where to start. Thanks for helping me out with that. BTW...Why do people like PGW so much?