Saturday, August 16, 2008

The 'People' Effect

It’s true! When you spend a lot of time with someone, you start behaving like them. I have this friend who is completely neurotic about people walking into his house (or even their own house!!) with the shoes that they wear outside. He insists, even yells at people who walk into his house with their shoes on. And I’ve been spending a lot of time with him. In fact, I always give him grief for being neurotic about such a small thing.

So yesterday, my parents came to visit me. My dad, who was visiting my new house for the first time, was so excited that he walked in with his shoes on, and I yelled “Daddy, take your shoes off!!!”

He came running back and I was like “Oh my God, I’m behaving like A****”

So, I tell you…be careful of the amount of time you spend with people!!

2 comments:

Moonshine said...

In fact, for a few secs i used start talking like you.. that lilting tone!!!! Everytime i would catch myself when i used to do that!!!! :-)

Scarlett said...

Shhhhhhh....People make fun of me for talking in that lilting tone. Funnily enough, I seem to be the only person who thinks I don't talk in the lilting tone!!! I need to stop doing that, man!