Monday, August 18, 2008

Quick update

Parents are here for the long weekend so haven't had the chance to read/write much. Suffering from, how do you say it, blog-drawl symptoms. So here are some scribbles ...

*******

Phelps won his 8th gold in a single Olympic. WAYYYY TO GO!! For a kid who was diagnozed with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) at the age of 7 & was repeatedly called "immature" by his teachers at school, this isn't bad at all, aye?

The guy can eat! Apparently, he devours 10,000-12,000 calories every day & swims it off!! Errr...looking at his daily diet, I'd assume he consumes more calories...

Breakfast - 3 fried egg sandwiches with mayo, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce & fried onions; 3 choco-chip pancakes, 5-egg omelette, 3 sugar-coated slices of French Toast; bowl of grits; 3 cups of coffee
Lunch - Half kg. enriched pasta (enriched with what...extra carbs??); 2 large ham & cheese sandwiches on white bread with mayo; energy drinks
Dinner - Half kg. pasta with carbonara sauce; large pizza (!!); energy drinks

Did I hear you say Goddamn??!!!

*******

A horrendous piece of news I read this morning...

49 babies, many of them less than a year old, have been killed in clinical trials for new drugs & therapies over the last 2 years at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).

49 babies!!!

And no one made a whimper.....

*******

I've made the most of my parents' visit & purchased a number of things for myself/my house this weekend, among them
1. A bean bag...YAYYY!!
2. A wrought-iron bed (I was jumping on it to see how much it....errr....shakes....and my parents went "What are you doing? How much would you be shaking the bed at home?")
3. A 2GB memory card for my new digital camera
4. Along with re-chargeable batteries
5. Speakers for my laptop
Before you yell "Brat!!", I paid for them. Just tagged my parents along for reassurance, helping the indecisive me to make a decision & lug my stuff back home! :D

4 comments:

Kalyan Karmakar said...

I remember innocuously asking the carpenter who made our first set of cane furniture whether the bed will shake. I later realised that it sounded a bit too candid and was open to misinterpretations

Scarlett said...

Exactly! I was embarassed too :)

Moonshine said...

hehehehhehehehe

Scarlett said...

Then my mom sat on the bed & started shaking it to see how much it shook & concluded that it was quite sturdy. Lol...quite a family we are!!! :-)